Volunteers help make Tot Trade a success!
VOLUNTEER OPTIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
To run a sale the size of Tot Trade, that involves over a thousand consignors and over 100,000 items, it takes a lot of people to help the sale run smoothly. Every hand is helpful and we are so thankful for our wonderful volunteers! We value every single minute that a volunteer can dedicate their time to us and we show our appreciation with oodles of rewards and incentives! It’s important to us to ‘give back to you, what you give to us!’
Everyone is welcome to volunteer! You do not have to be a consignor to earn the great benefits volunteers receive!
Volunteers shop EARLY during our Presale Extravaganza on Sunday, March 12th! PLUS, Volunteers earn more of their consignor earnings!
All consignors Automatically receive 65% of their sales but wouldn’t you like to EARN MORE and shop on Sunday, March 12th?
We have a tiered benefit program according to the number of shifts worked. Take at look at what you can EARN when you VOLUNTEER with us!
- Volunteer for 1 shift: Receive 1 Presale Pass to shop at 6pm on Sunday, March, 12th
- Volunteer for 2 shifts: Receive 1 Presale Pass to shop at 5pm on Sunday, March, 12th and earn 70% of your sales
- Volunteer for 3 shifts: Receive 1 Presale Pass to shop at 4pm on Sunday, March, 12th and earn 75% of your sales
Want to earn 80% of your sales? Become a 24 hour Volunteer! Email our Volunteer Coordinator and she’ll give you the details!
And There’s More!
Volunteers also get to shop first during our special 60% off Presale on Friday, March, 17th from 7pm-9pm! Yea! You get to shop 60% off a day early!
Special Volunteer Opportunities – These shifts are date and time specific but give you the biggest reward – Earliest shopping times and higher sales percentages
Want to take advantage of the Volunteer opportunities that get you ‘in the door’ to shop at our EARLIEST times? These shifts are SPECIFIC DATES and TIMES but are well worth it! You only get these GREAT REWARDS that are attached to these SPECIAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES. Find them here!
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click the link below to go to our invitation page on SignUpNow
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUpNow)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUpNow will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: SignUpNow does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Have questions about volunteering? Just email us……….firstname.lastname@example.org
Want To Create Your Own Volunteer Shift?
Choose your own dates and times to volunteer with us……we love that too!
What are the Volunteer Duties?
- Inspection Runner (placing items on the sale floor)
- Assisting Shoppers with large items
- Organize clothing and toys
- Straighten merchandise
- Assist shoppers and help with the check out
- Sorting clothes at the end of sale
Can’t volunteer during the sale?
No worries, we can still use your help before the sale!
We realize that some parents cannot volunteer due to a variety of reasons and we want to make our special pre-sale available to those parents. If you cannot volunteer for a traditional shift, these opportunities may work better for you!
Other Duties/Services You Can Provide For Us –
THESE OPTIONS ARE NOW OPEN
- Meals – Sign Up – When you provide a meal for us you will receive a Volunteer pass and will shop 5:00pm on Sunday, March, 12th.
- Snacks and Drinks – Sign up – When you provide drinks/snacks for us you will receive a Volunteer pass and will shop 6:00pm on Sunday, March, 12th.
- Goody Bag Assembly Team – Sign Up – Help assemble the ‘goodies’ provided by our sponsors to go in the Goody Bag. You will receive a Volunteer pass and will shop 6:00pm on Sunday, March, 12th
- Because we count on you if you sign up, we are setting some strict rules … Volunteers who fail to work their scheduled volunteer time will be removed from our volunteering list and will not be able to volunteer in future sales.
- If you sign up and cannot work your shift you must notify us at least 24 hours in advance of your shift – this gives us time to fill your slot. If you give timely notice, you will not be removed from the list.
- We understand that emergency situations occur and we will look at those on a case by case basis.
- You MUST sign in and out of each shift in order for us to track your hours and give you your earned extra %.
- Expecting volunteers who want to work during the sale will be assigned volunteer positions that do not require manual labor or long periods of time on their feet.
- All Volunteers must be on time and fulfill their entire shift in order to qualify for pre-sale attendance and extra percentages.
- You can have help with your shifts. Moms, husbands and friends can work a shift for you. However, only ONE person earns the extra percentage and early shopping privileges.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years old and be able to work independently.
- Volunteers should arrive 10 minutes early for each shift to get settled in and receive their assignment.
- These guidelines were created to maintain the impeccable reputation that Tot Trade has in our community as the premiere children’s consignment sale event in South Carolina! We appreciate your understanding and willingness to comply.
A “special” note from Kelly…
Wow! 20 years! If you only knew what goes through my head, and the emotions I feel when I remember my very first sale. Back then, I didn’t have any help, I did it all by myself. Quickly though people began to jump in and ask me, “Can I help?” This girl isn’t dumb, she said YES! It was a ‘leap of faith’ as I didn’t know any of these people but somehow we connected, bonded and worked together! It’s amazing, some of those same people are still volunteering today! Wow! What a testament that is!
For those who have ‘been with me forever’ to those who are new to volunteering, I want to take this time to personally “Thank You”. Without your help, we would not be able to run the sale as efficiently as we do. You are very valuable to us and we appreciate you so much! So many of you volunteer season after season, your dedication to the sale and it’s success just warms my heart. I value you more than I could ever tell you in words. Thank you in advance for volunteering, once again, this season…..I’ll be seeing you for EARLY PreSale Shopping!!