- Only 65-110lb cardstock paper is accepted. 110lb paper works best and is most widely available at Wal-Mart, Target, Staples etc.
- Pastel colors are fine but any of the darker colors will prevent the barcode being read by our scanner
- Please ensure your printer is in good working order. Inspect your tag after printing as ‘patchy’ barcodes can not be read by our scanners.
- No ‘regular’ printing paper will be accepted. This is for your safety, tags done on anything other than the cardstock paper will easily rip and tear.
- One inch or larger SAFETY PINS much be used to securely hold the tag. Anything smaller will break and not stay closed therefore resulting in lost tags. Attach pin vertically, up and down, in the center of the card.
Pricing and Helpful Hints ~
- YOU SET THE PRICE BUT PRICE TO SELL!
- It only takes 15 items to consign with us. Your first time? Break yourself in and bring your larger items that are taking up room in your home. This will give you a good introduction to our tagging system and our drop off procedures. And, you’ll earn a check!
- $3.00 PRICING RULE. Our pricing starts at $3.00. If your single item can’t bring $3.00 on it’s own, please pair it with something that will bring it to this amount.
- If pricing a clothing item we recommend starting at 1/3 of the original price. From there, based on the name brand, begin to add dollars.
- Shoppers aren’t going to pay for your memories. Don’t overprice your items because of sentimental attachment.
- We suggest 1/2 of the original price for your larger outside playground equipment. This is under the condition that your item is clean, in working order and not damaged etc.
- NO MARK THRUS ON YOUR TAG. Remember the information is held in the barcode. A scanned barcode CAN NOT read your handwriting.
- Check out EBAY for a pricing reference.
- This may sound strange but we have discovered that ‘odd’ pricing sells better than ‘even’ pricing. I know, it’s strange.
- While grouping outfits is a great way to up your sales, we have found that grouping ‘like’ items just as well. ie. tshirt grouping
- If you are unsure of how to price your larger items i.e.. furniture, outdoor play equipment etc. do this. Google your item. Print off a picture of your item with the original price showing. And then from there, determine your price. The average is 50-70% of the original price for those larger, higher priced items. We want you to determine a “winning” price for your item. We observe that many times, consignors will “short change” themselves on outdoor play equipment. Don’t do that!
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU LET YOUR ITEMS DISCOUNT. If priced “fairly” it’s going to sell at full price anyway. Add a couple of dollars to cover the discount. The purpose of the sale is to move items out of the house, and for you to make money. Don’t “out price” yourself and lose sales. Do you really want to load it back up and take it home after you’ve put all that work into it? Give your items EVERY CHANGE TO SELL rather than picking it up.
- Some of you aren’t going to believe this, but we see this A LOT. Hang on…..we see this all the time…..Consignors will put ND (No Discount) on their item but will then DONATE the item. Now, does that make any sense to you? If you are going to donate your unsold items, PLEASE let it discount. We see this scenario a lot! Give your items every chance to sell before it is donated.
- MASKING TAPE RULE: EVERY item you bring to us MUST HAVE YOUR CONSIGNOR NUMBER WRITTEN ON MASKING TAPE AND PLACED ON EACH ITEM. With our high volume of shoppers it is inevitable that sometimes tags will come off, Tot Trade just wants to always return items to consignors when tags are lost. This just gives us another way to identify your items. This system works great and greatly reduces the number of items with missing tags and keeps the LOST TAG section to a minimum.
Enter your tags early. We are only accepting 130,000 items. Once we reach that limit the sale will be locked. Tag early to ensure you have secured your spot in this seasons sale. ALL ITEMS MUST BE ENTERED BY 9:00PM ON SATURDAY, March 11TH. If the sale is locked, as long as your items are entered, you can still print. No other items can be entered after the sale is closed. Sooooo…..get it done early!
Your tag will look like this:
Information on Preparing Individual Items for the sale:
CLOTHES: We are only accepting Spring/Summer clothing for this seasons event. We prefer wire hanger but you may use plastic. Wire hangers take up less room on the racks and they present the items in a neater fashion. Hang your items with the hook pointing to the left and the tag on the right corner if you are facing it. (Make a question mark with the hanger.) Please group all clothing items by size and gender for easier inspection and placement at drop off. NO MORE THAN 200 CLOTHING ITEMS PER CONSIGNOR. Tot Trade REQUIREMENT: Write your consignor number only on a strip of masking tape and tape it on the inside of your clothing garment (at the collar where the size tag is). If you have a matching set, please put the tape on both pieces.
SHOES: must be tied in pairs by shoelaces, not boxed. Laces and shoes must be in excellent condition. Attach tag with a LARGE safety pin, ribbon or zip-tie through shoelace eyes. The appearance of our shoe area is important to us. Shoes will simply not sell unless they are in impeccable condition. We are specifically looking for Spring/Summer dress and casual shoes for this seasons sale. Limit of 10 pair total. Group these items together for drop off. Bring only your best. Sports shoes and dance shoes do not count in this limit. Tot Trade REQUIREMENT: You can tape your consignor number on the bottom of shoes or on the inside the shoe whichever holds best.
BAGGED ITEMS: must be in clear Ziploc type bags with the tag attached to the OUTSIDE of the bag with a safety pin or taped securely. Be sure to identify each item on your index card, and place your consignor number on each of those items in case the ziploc bag gets opened so we can identify the items that belong together. Please group these items together for drop off.
LARGE OUTSIDE TOY ITEMS: Our larger toys items that we keep outside to include large kitchens, tool chests, work benches, all plastic toy boxes, student desks and bikes plus most riding toys, YOUR TAG MUST BE PLACED INSIDE A ZIPLOC BAG and taped securely to the item. We ask this so that in case of rain, the tag will stay safe.
TOYS, NURSERY/KID FURNITURE, EQUIPMENT: must be in working order (batteries included) and clean. Small parts should be bagged and taped to the main part very securely. Use HEAVY tape. A packers tape is the best, most others will not hold. Batteries must be included with all battery operated items. (Pick these up at the Dollar Tree) Please group all “like” items together. No stuffed animals will be accepted unless they walk and talk. No exceptions. They will be pulled from the sales floor and donated. Build-A-Bear and Webkinz are accepted.
PAJAMAS : We have determined that pajamas, all sizes, do sell better on hangers. Do not bag any pajama’s.
CLOTHING SETS: Pin sets securely with pants hung on the backside of the shirt and pinned at the waist on the hanger. (both pieces can be viewed without unpinning the garment)
Spending a little “extra” time getting your items ready will mean more $$$’s for you. Button all buttons, zip all zippers, snap all snaps, sew loose hems or seams. Items that are cleaned, ironed, and starched, with all pieces attached, sell much better! Present them at their best!